Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4 laned wisdom

Hola! Blowing dust off the blog, we hit the Bangalore-Chennai highway right away. I’ve been driving up and down this road every two weeks, most often by myself. You know that when I’m left to me, the psychedelic lens comes out in a jiffy. The drive can get painful at times, and I fear that my already flat rear might head concave with this overdose. Hmmmm, moving on, something’s got to be said about the thought-provoking signs on the highway. I remember a few of them –

“Don’t mix drinking and driving” – It’s noon bozo, don’t tempt me.

Here’s one presumably from the same poetic genius who came up with Speed thrills but kills: “Fast Drive, Last Drive”

“If you are married, divorce speed” – Dude must’ve spent the previous night on the couch.
“If you drive like hell, you’ll get there soon” – Not a bad one. Surely not an in-house line, more likely a borrowed line/public contribution.

“The safety gears are in your head” – wha?? Surely you’ve been mixing drinking and painting.

This one surely takes the cake: “Death is nature. Don’t cause it." - Certainly not a fan of Dr.Kevorkian.


Closer to home, there’s a sign posted at the entrance of a lane “No way” – Not a believer, obviously.

So much for the signs. I’ll upload some pics if I remember to click the next time around. In the meantime, it is business as unusual. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home