Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This too shall passé

Went to my alma mater yesterday and felt good walking around the campus, reliving the year that was. Some of the best memories came back haunting when I walked in the hallways on the courtyard level, which are still home to the wooden assignment submission boxes. Those boxes! Those gnomes with condescending grins through which we fed our labor of love, loath and lift…not to mention those taunting deadline messages pasted on them that determined our quota of snooze time. The very sight of those boxes used to bring out the hidden deviants in the noblest of us…pyromaniacs, arsonists and the like. There were a million ideas that our tormented minds generated to seize and destroy those boxes. Some of the wildest ideas came from my main man, “The I”, who is also credited with the most ingenious plan to hijack the “non-veg” storing contraption from our dining hall. :-) Fun times, those!


The winds of change are sure blowing…with a menacing howl tonight. How symbolic! In retrospect, I don’t know if I had to change at all. I had a cushy life set at cruise control and never had to sweat the small stuff. Every little thing I had taken for granted is now a sore, gaping spot that I jostle to cover. In retrospect…:-) enough! I don’t mean to sound like a veteran who never saw the front. It’s not that bad after all. I came back to my janma bhoomi to see what the shining was all about and there is still a lot of promise I say! I was mentioning it to my closest bud KK the other day – I wouldn’t dismiss my saga as done. In fact, I’m just starting off. With Anil’s hairline and Mukesh’s jawline, the Ambanis need to watch out for M3 :-)


All good things must come to a bend! Only time will tell if it the journey forward is as scenic as the road we left behind. But at this point, I just feel like scraping my knee to take the bend in all its splendor.

Good night trusty old comp, and thanks for not flashing the inane message at me anymore - “Copy of windows is not genuine.” I know I can’t trust ATMs to spit out non-counterfeit notes…but MS selling fake windows? Not that the genuine version is God’s gift to mankind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sin said...

:-) nice line - ...hadn't thought about it that way. Thank you M3

12:40 AM, November 12, 2009  
Blogger Sin said...

Ok, on a serious note, I loved the way you've written "All good things...in all its splendor". It sure has been a hell of a 18 months. :)

12:51 AM, November 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home